Awards of Disability Living Allowance can be made for either fixed or indefinite periods but usually awards (payments) are made for a minimum of six months or longer if you carry on having care needs.If your child starts to get Disability Living Allowance, it might increase the amount of other benefits or credits you are entitled to.

backdating dla claims-74

The hire purchase or lease payments are met by your Disability Living Allowance high rate mobility component which is usually paid direct to Motability.

If you lease the car, then insurance, breakdown cover, and repairs are included.

Type of benefit: Non means tested Taxable: No Administered by: Disability and Carers Service, Department for Work and Pensions Your child has care needs if they need help with ‘bodily functions’, for example, eating, washing, getting dressed and going to the toilet.

These care needs can also include help which allows your child to take part in social activities.

If you still believe the decision is wrong,for example due to incorrect information being used, you can ask for it to be looked at again known as a 'mandatory reconsideration'.

If you still disagree with the further decision you can then appeal to an independent tribunal.

You can get these from the HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) Helpline (see ‘Where can I get more help or information?

’ below) or you can download a copy at uk/government/publications/tax-credits-getting-your-claim-form-right-tc600-notes.

Part of the form must be filled in by someone who knows about your child's disability. If you download a claim it will be the date your completed claim form is received.

You must report changes in circumstance which might affect your child's entitlement to this benefit If you disagree with the decision made on your child's benefit claim you can ask for a written statement of reasons.

Disability Living Allowance is money for children who have care needs or mobility needs (difficulty getting around).